In this section, we suggest more than 100 topics, including some for each chapter. Most are suitable for students in an introductory course and require research outside the text. Some are more challenging than others, but most are suitable for either term paper topics or in-class presentations and debates by individuals or teams. We offer excellent Business Studies Essay Help.
CHAPTER 1 THE STUDY OF BUSINESS, GOVERNMENT, AND SOCIETY
- A Description and Analysis of the Business, Government, and Society Relationships of (Any Large Corporation)
- Capitalism: Its Strengths and Weaknesses Assessed
- The Stakeholder Idea: Its Strengths and Weaknesses Assessed
CHAPTER 2 THE DYNAMIC ENVIRONMENT
- The Changing Global Environment of Royal Dutch/Shell.
- How the Natural Environment Has Been Changed by Human Activity Since the Industrial Revolution
- How Postmaterialist Values Change the Business Environment
- How Advertising Reflects Changing Social Values
- Ten Events of the Last Decade that Most Changed the Business Environment
CHAPTER 3 BUSINESS POWER
- How Economic Growth between 1860 and 1929 Changed American Society
- A History of the Dow Jones Industrial Average
- Economic Concentration in American Industry: Is It Too Great for the Public Interest?
- The Life of J. P. Morgan and His Impact on American Industry and Society
- The Life of John D. Rockefeller and the Rise of the Oil Industry
- Theories of Economic Elites in the United States: An Evaluation
CHAPTER 4 CRITICS OF BUSINESS
- The Life and Times of Huey Long (or Mary Lease) and His (Her) Populist Message
- Nestlé’s Marketing of Infant Formula: A Case Study of Criticism and Corporate Response
- The Story of the Anti-Apartheid Movement: Its Impact on American Corporations
- The Marxist Critique of Capitalism
- The Use of Social Responsibility Shareholder Proposals to Challenge Corporate Power
- Ralph Nader’s Life and Views about Corporations
- The Rise and Importance of Nongovernmental Organizations
CHAPTER 5 CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- A Description and Analysis of the Social Programs of (Any Large Corporation)
- The Contrasting Views of Milton Friedman and Ralph Nader on Corporate Social Responsibility
- The Rise of Civil Regulation as a Method for Advancing Global CSR
- The Story of the Kimberly Process Certification Scheme
- Are Socially Responsible Corporations More Profitable?
CHAPTER 6 IMPLEMENTING CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- How (One Large Corporation) Implements Social Performance
- The Tylenol Crisis and the Role of Johnson & Johnson’s Credo
- An Assessment of Philanthrocapitalism
- An Assessment of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- A Description and Evaluation of the Global Reporting Initiative
- Is Cause-Related Marketing an Ethically Compromised Form of Philanthropy?
CHAPTER 7 BUSINESS ETHICS
- Ethical Theory in Aristotle’s Nichomachean Ethics and Its Applicability to Modern Organizations
- Nineteenth-Century Business Ethics as Described in Matthew Josephson’s The Robber Barons
- Use of Fines to Punish Corporations for Wrongful Behavior
- The Criminal Prosecution of Enron CEO Kenneth Lay
- A Description and Assessment of Ethics Programs in Corporations
- The Use of Paper-and-Pencil Honesty Tests for Detecting Thieves
- A Comparative Study and Assessment of Corporate Ethics Codes
CHAPTER 8 MAKING ETHICAL DECISIONS IN BUSINESS
- Religious Ethics as Guidelines for Business Decisions
- The Story of J. C. Penney: An Ethical Business Leader
- Immanuel Kant or Níccolò Machiavelli: Whose Ethics are More Appropriate for Modern Business?
- The Ford Motor Company and the Pinto Gas Tank: A Case Study in Corporate Ethics
- A Study of Corrupt Payments by Chiquita Brands in Colombia
CHAPTER 9 BUSINESS IN POLITICS
- The U.S. Constitution: A Document of Economic Determinism or Liberal Idealism?
- Influence Tactics of Business Lobbies in Washington
- Have Efforts to Regulate Corporate Campaign Contributions Been Successful?
- The Rise of Corporate PACs and Their Impact in Federal Elections
- The Federal Election Commission: Its History, Powers, and Importance
- Resolved: Corporate Campaign Contributions Are Free Speech and Should Not Be Restricted
CHAPTER 10 REGULATING BUSINESS
- The Historical Growth of Government Regulation of Business
- Evolving Interpretation of the Commerce Clause in American Constitutional Law
- The New Deal Era as a Turning Point in the Business-Government Relationship
- The Rulemaking Process in Federal Regulatory Agencies
- The History and Enforcement Patterns of the Environmental Protection Agency (or the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, or the Federal Trade Commission)
- The Federal Register as a Window on Federal Regulation of Business
- Command-and-Control Regulation versus Market Incentive Regulation
- Deregulation of the Airline (or Savings and Loan, Electric Power, or Telecommunications) Industry
CHAPTER 11 MULTINATIONAL CORPORATIONS
- United States-Based Multinational Corporations in Foreign Countries: Are They Socially Responsible?
- Codes of Conduct for Transnational Corporations: Sources, Content, Strengths, and Weaknesses
- The United Nations Global Compact
- Should the Alien Tort Claims Act Apply to Transnational Corporations?
- Export of Tobacco Products to Third World Countries by U.S. Tobacco Companies
CHAPTER 12 GLOBALIZATION, TRADE, AND CORRUPTION
- The History of Economic Globalization
- The History of the European Union
- The North American Free Trade Agreement: How Has It Worked?
- Protectionist Trade Legislation: Pro and Con
- The Impact of Globalization on Nation-State Sovereignty
- The Impact of American Entertainment Products on Foreign Cultures
- An Analysis of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and Its Enforcement
CHAPTER 13 INDUSTRIAL POLLUTION AND ENVIRONMENTAL QUALITY
- Sustainable Development: Implications and Prospects
- Should the United States Senate Ratify the Kyoto Protocol?
- Should Drilling Be Allowed in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge?
- An Assessment of the Superfund Law and Its Accomplishments
- Should the Environmental Protection Agency Regulate Global Warming Gas Emissions?
CHAPTER 14 MANAGING ENVIRONMENTAL QUALITY
- The Use of Cost-Benefit Analysis in Environmental Regulation
- The Use of Cap-and-Trade Schemes for Global Warming Gases
- An Assessment of Green Taxes as a Method for Promoting Sustainable Manufacturing
- The Precautionary Principle as a Guide for Business Decisions
- The Greening of American Industry: How Leading Corporations Promote Sustainability
CHAPTER 15 CONSUMERISM
- The History of Consumer Regulation in the United States
- An Essay Comparing the Ideas of Henry David Thoreau with the Values of Modern Americans
- The Story of Ralph Nader as a Consumer Advocate
- The Global Spread of Consumerism
- Using Product Liability Law to Hold Firearm Manufacturers Accountable for Gun Violence
- Taxing Internet Purchases: Pro and Con
- Is Tobacco Manufacture and Advertising Ethical?
CHAPTER 16 THE CHANGING WORKPLACE
- Demographic Change in the Labor Force: Implications for Management
- How Technology and Automation Affect Employment
- A Comparative Study of Protections for Workers in America, Europe, and Japan
- The Story of Secretary of Labor Francis Perkins during the New Deal Years
- Offshoring: Its Causes and Its Significance
CHAPTER 17 CIVIL RIGHTS IN THE WORKPLACE
- The History of Employment Discrimination Against the Chinese in California
- The Americans with Disabilities Act
- Affirmative Action in Corporations: Pro and Con
- Strategies for Diversity Management in Corporations
- Barriers to the Advance of Women in Management
- Sexual Harassment in the Workplace
- Racial Harassment in the Workplace
CHAPTER 19 CORPORATE GOVERNANCE
- The Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002: Its Costs and Benefits
- Governance Policies of American Corporations: A Comparative Study
- Trends in Top Executive Compensation
- Separating the Chairman of the Board and CEO Positions: Pro and Con
- Director Compensation: A Comparative Study of (Any Four) Fortune 500 Corporations
- Analysis of Three Social Responsibility Shareholder Resolutions in the (Most Recent) Proxy Season
Business Essay help by Subject Academy
|There are bigger things in life that you need to worry about – like your #health 💪, #peace 😇 and #happiness☺️. Your essays are least among them, because your assignments are our responsibility. |
With our team of highly skilled academic writing professionals, finishing your assignments are as easy as a breeze.😉
Contact SubjectAcademy today for error-free, unplagiarized and customised content & Business Studies Essay Help.